Technical Accountant (Research & Financial Statement Reporting) (3 Month Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 104140
You will responsible for:
- Conducting US GAAP and IFRS technical accounting research for complex transactions covering US and global operations including but not limited to purchase accounting, revenue recognition, leasing, fixed assets, goodwill and other assets impairments, investments, and fair value measurements.
- Implementing and maintaining internal controls over technical accounting research process including research databases, monthly business and senior management communications, as well as internal controls over financial reporting with active participation in process improvements.
- Ensuring timely resolution of technical accounting matters which will require significant interaction and coordination with CFOs, operational accounting staff, tax and treasury teams
- Keeping abreast of new accounting guidance and other rules and regulations, leading implementation of new accounting standards and impact assessment and implementation, including implementation of new guidance on current expected credit loss and reference rate reform.
- Assisting in review and preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, including compilation of related footnotes, coordination and review of supporting materials, impact of recent transactions and new accounting changes.
- Assisting with review of financial statements of certain US/Overseas subsidiaries and regulatory filings
- Assisting in updating and maintaining corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Assisting in miscellaneous accounting initiatives as assigned by management.
We expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation
- 8-10 years of accounting experience required including at a public accounting firm
- Strong knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Exposure to Merger & Acquisition due diligence activity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required for documentation of conclusions and regular reporting to senior management and business teams on the accounting positions and policies from the financial statements perspective as well as for budgeting and management reporting purposes.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong leadership behavior and ability to lead by influence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience in both public and private sector
- Experience working with multi-currency accounting platforms such as SAP and running reports
If this sounds like you, Apply!
If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.