Technical Designer, Ad Product
New York, NY
Posted Apr 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 102988
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Our Ad Product Innovation team is expanding and looking for an experienced, innovative Technical Designer! We are looking for a multi-disciplinary team player with industry experience. Working closely with designers, business analysts and engineering teams, you will be designing building cross-device experiences.
A Technical Designer on the team will have a proven track record in designing components, systems, and experiences at scale. The individual in this role will be responsible for the design of ad experiences across Bloomberg’s entire portfolio of products (Web, App, OTT, Traditional Media). The ideal candidate should have excellent problem-solving skills, understand constraints quickly, and a keen eye for design. You will participate in strategic visual design and will bring design concepts to life by collaborating with our engineering and design partners across different teams. Understanding of HTML5 / CSS / Modern Frameworks (React, Angular, etc) is not necessary but would be a plus.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A link to your online portfolio in your resume. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio
- 5+ years of experience in designing and prototyping for digital experiences including desktop, mobile, advertising, etc.
- B.S./M.S./B.F.A. in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, or related field
- Comfortable working on the design of iterative templates and tools
- Excellent knowledge of product launch cycle and product design principles
- Demonstrated intuitive and engaging UI design with simple clean style and a pixel-level attention to detail via a portfolio
- Able to discuss accessibility and its role in product design
- Demonstrated fluency with Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative suite
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).