Technical Director (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 15, 2020 - Requisition No. 86672
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe- our Broadcast Ops Group supports live production for Television, Radio, and digital platforms. From our world headquarters in New York City, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,700 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
You're the type of person who thrives in a fast paced high energy environment. You have a strong understanding of control room operations, and you’ll manage a crew who can run it efficiently and effectively. You’ll be an essential resource to Directors as well as the editorial team. We're looking for someone like you to join our growing and dedicated Broadcast Operations group.
We’ll trust you to:
- Have knowledge of technical operations including fundamentals of audio, video and graphics
- Be an excellent troubleshooter of audio/video problems
- Be a team-player, with an “all hands on deck” mindset
- Be dynamic and able to switch gears between multiple roles including cameras, audio, technical directing, affiliate directing, and master control
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a top ten market as a live newscast Technical Director
- Experience in a live news environment is key
- Great attention to detail, and be organized!
- Flexibility with work hours
- Please note: this position will join our pool of freelancers and will be use as backfill when needed
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.