Technical Director/Director (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 101471
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe- our Broadcast Ops Group supports live production for Television, Radio, and digital platforms. From our world headquarters in New York City, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,700 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
We're looking for the type of person who thrives in a fast-paced high energy environment and has a go-getter attitude with a strong understanding of control room operations. You'll work closely with a dedicated broadcast crew and the editorial team to run a creative production efficiently and effectively.
We’ll trust you to:
- Have knowledge of studio and technical operations including fundamentals of switchers, lighting, audio, video, graphics and studio blocking.
- Be creative, visualize new ideas and implement them
- Be a team-player, with an “all hands on deck” attitude
- Be dynamic and able to switch gears between multiple roles including directing, technical directing and cameras
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience as a Technical Director
- Experience in a live news environment is key
- Great attention to detail and be organized!
- Flexibility with work hours
You’ll need to have:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
We're eager to speak with you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.