Technical HRIS Program Manager
New York, NY
Posted Apr 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 90156
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
The Technical HRIS Program Manager will be an integral part of our multifaceted Global HCM Talent and Learning Technology team, responsible for supporting HR professionals, key internal partners, and collaborate with our best-in-class technology team to provide exceptional customer support and HR systems solutions.
We'll trust you to:
- Support cyclical HR Performance Assessments (Performance Evaluations, 180 Feedback) and Learning processes using proprietary Bloomberg applications and other systems (Workday, Cornerstone)
- Support the multi-year Talent Technology Transformation Initiative
- Lead and support design sessions for ongoing process improvements, including evaluating existing systems and procedures, providing recommendations for changes and enhancements, and implementing changes
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and effectively communicate with both highly technical stakeholders and business leaders to deliver solutions that meet business needs
- Partner with Engineering and business owners to define project requirements/scope in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Prioritize simultaneous deliverables with competing deadlines with a strong sense of urgency
- Drive solutions toward big picture goals as well as follow through on details of execution and delivery
- Provide high-level customer service and problem solving solutions in compliance with internal controls and security processes
- Create and maintain critical documentation including training and change management, project, risk management, and test plans
You’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of experience working within a Human Resources Information Systems team with a passion for technology
- Excellent analytical skills (able to “tell a story” with data), project management and organizational skills (seeing projects through to completion and meeting deadlines with high-quality deliverables), prioritization and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills interacting with business owners, key stakeholders, senior management, team and Engineering
- Strong technology operations experience; Workday and Cornerstone experience a plus
- A preference for working with a collaborative and creative team where you will naturally share ideas
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.