Technical Product Manager - ML Cloud Infrastructure - CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted Jan 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 113677
Who we are:
Bloomberg’s CTO Office is the future-looking technical and product arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design, and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware, and applications for the Bloomberg Terminal. Our projects include machine learning-powered products, cloud computing infrastructure and strategy, open source stewardship, natural language processing, and more. We are passionate about what we do.
What we do:
Bloomberg’s internal Data Science Platform is the state-of-the-art Platform as a Service for Machine Learning at Bloomberg. Our platform provides features for all stages of the Model Development Lifecycle: data interactivity via Jupyter, data engineering via Spark, distributed deep learning with PyTorch, experiment management and hyperparameter tuning, online inference via KServe, and more. All of this is built on strong foundations of scalable cloud computing on specialized hardware (GPUs), with a strong eye toward multi-tenancy and data security.
What’s in it for you:
As a Technical Product Manager focused on cloud infrastructure for ML you will have ownership over a suite of infrastructure, grow our platform footprint, and build out new products to fulfill our mission. You’ll be making decisions on how to streamline onboarding, make our computing experience more flexible, improve our hardware & model performance, and help architect a hybrid cloud model. This is a high-leverage role in a very cross-functional environment, so you’ll need to be comfortable wearing many hats and balancing technical expertise with business acumen.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop a long-term vision and roadmaps for Machine Learning Platform & Compute Infrastructure products
- Prioritize, plan, make decisions, ask the right questions, and understand how to manage resources effectively
- Interact with end users, interview them to understand their workflows and technical requirements, develop a deep understanding of an ideal developer experience
- Interact with a diverse group of partners across the company to make sound technical decisions
- Work with & support our talented Engineering (solution delivery) teams, foster a culture of collaboration with your Engineering counterparts
- Do the right thing; be part of a Product team and CTO organization that optimizes for the long term
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in a product management role
- A passion for providing reliable, scalable, and easy-to-use infrastructure
- A product-driven focus, with product management, organizational, and communication skills to effectively coordinate and work with Engineers, other Product Managers, and Senior Management
- A strong technical or Engineering background, broad technical technical fluency
- A track record of shaping business strategy and roadmaps for technical products
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
Experience with Distributed Systems, Kubernetes, knowledge in cloud computing platforms, experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
We’d love to see:
- Breadth of knowledge or familiarity in MLOps platforms & Machine Learning toolkits
- Applied experience optimizing HPC workloads for AI & ML
- Experience with capacity planning, resource management, accounting in multi-tenant environments, and hardware vendor management
- Data science experience using Python, especially Jupyter notebooks, Pandas, SQL
- Prior experience as a technical product manager or engineering technical lead
- Open source involvement or community presence
Learn more about us:
We are very active in technical communities, both internally and externally. Read more about us:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus