Technical Product Manager - Securitized Products Core Mortgage Premium
New York, NY
Posted Nov 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 121429
Bloomberg Core Terminal Business provides our customers with an experience that delivers cross asset class coverage and best-in-class analytics and workflows that our clients have come to depend on across many of their most critical functions. As we look to continue delivering against the high expectations that our customers have, we are constantly looking to expand our product offering by thinking holistically across all our products and services where we prioritize consistency of the user experience, improve discoverability, interoperability and make all horizontal services across the Terminal truly world class.
Within our Core Terminal business, Fixed Income is a key priority. As we look to build on the value proposition our clients have come to depend on, we will continue to drive thought leadership and remain a key partner to our clients through continuous innovation. We are driven by our clients and understanding their challenges allowing us to build the highest quality, most reliable, and complete data products, mission-critical analytics, and enterprise workflow solutions for Fixed Income. Through these products, we deliver easy to use, aligned, consistent, and interconnected products across all parts of our Bloomberg offering.
The Structured Products team is seeking a Product Manager to take Core Mortgage Premium (CMP) to the next level. Working together with Product Managers responsible for asset classes including residential and commercial mortgages, auto and student loans, leveraged loans and esoteric assets from around the world, you will ensure that CMP delivers maximum value to its paying customers and continues to be the driver of sales across the Bloomberg ecosystem.
CMP is an API that delivers all of the features of Bloomberg’s Structured Products platform in a powerful, but convenient to use format. Tailored specifically for Structured Products professionals, customers use CMP to build applications and tools on their own desktops using Excel, Python and other programming languages. CMP integrates with every workflow, such as trading, portfolio analysis, data analysis, research and risk management.
We'll trust you to:
- Represent the business strategy and requirements for CMP, working with senior leaders and other vertical product stakeholders
- Understand the needs of CMP clients and how they use the product to enhance their workflows
- Work with Sales to develop sales strategies and give them the best tools to position CMP to clients
- Perform regular training of internal stakeholders as well as client teams as needed
- Manage and build project plans with clear deliverables and milestones
- Track projects, and articulate roadblocks, delays, and successes
- Understand and identify opportunities for business expansion
- Work seamlessly across Bloomberg and project manage product builds to delivery and adoption
- Lead multiple projects at the same time and demonstrated the ability to shift priorities when needed
- Collaborate with product teams to validate decisions, verify the accuracy of the planned delivery, promote adoption of product completion, and provide training tools/documentation to drive success
- Successfully execute and deliver via collaboration with business leadership and other internal stakeholders across Product teams and Engineering
- Monitor, analyze, and solve regulatory developments while ensuring that the business is meeting its regulatory obligations
- Collaborate and communicate the operational strategy to stakeholders at all levels of the organization in order to drive project buy-in
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience with securitized products*
- Proven knowledge of structured products as either a market participant or a provider of structured products services
- Strong Excel skills including advanced formula writing, sheet building and scripting abilities
- Strong proficiency in Python or similar programming languages
- Experience using APIs and an understanding of how APIs facilitate workflows through automation
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with desktop and enterprise products at Bloomberg or elsewhere
- Technology experience and understanding of the software development/engineering lifecycle
- Deep understanding of financial markets across multiple asset classes
- Record of collaborating across multiple teams while being a leader for the business
- Ability to communication effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in project management, strong organizational skills, and an ability to connect multiple threads of work
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we will certainly consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills vital for the role.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
We'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out?https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus