What We Do:
Bloomberg's Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is on the hunt for a Technical Product Strategist to join our team in the 120 Park, NY office. For this role we are looking for a unique professional who has a mixture of practical business experience, technical skills, and an ability to bring entrepreneurial vision to our growing Product Development team.
In this role you will have more than just an ability to identify requirements and manage projects -- you will innovate, drive, and design technical business solutions in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment while inspiring others to adopt change and increase user acceptance.
We’re looking to find difference makers. Our expertise is in the financial industry – however, you could be coming from a host of different industries such as software, technology, or any other field which requires you to be a creative, solution driven, and technical professional.
We'll trust you to:
You will have an opportunity to design products, services, and user experiences that address specific challenges such as content access mechanisms, flexible onboarding solutions, dataset expansions, prioritization automation, and quality control in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment. In addition, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other product designers and business areas within the company to create these new solutions.
How you will make an impact:
- Design, lead, and measure experiments to gather feedback in order to make the technical components of our department more effective.
- Identify new product areas or designs to expand the reach of our current offering both in internal and client-facing technologies
- Synthesize customer insights to drive strategy and present findings to leadership in compelling, creative, and accessible ways.
- Create comprehensive plans for cross-functional infrastructure projects and rollout to users
- Consult internal clients on the design and implementation of effective solutions and new products that address specific business problems.
- Promote the application of technology throughout the organization to optimize operations by improving efficiency, quality, timeliness, and resource management
You need to have:
- Master's Degree in Business, or equivalent professional experience, along with an undergraduate degree in computer science or technology would be ideal.
- 5+ years of experience and comprehensive knowledge of business model design, analysis, implementation and testing of new business processes and concepts.
- Previous professional industry experience in the creation and design of business solutions.
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with engineering and business counterparts.
- Demonstrable capacity to design work efficiencies that combine various disciplines of knowledge while bringing in expert level awareness in one of the following fields; Technology, Product Development, Project Management, Finance or Operations.
- Capacity to deliver clear and concise documentation that supports business requirements, use cases, and process improvement flow charts.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) and the ability to take data from numerous, disparate data sources to extract and transform it into meaningful and actionable information.
- Interest and ability to be personally involved in the creation of technical solutions as opposed to a bystander/management mentality.
We'd love to see:
- Expert knowledge using the Bloomberg Professional Service (the Terminal).
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If you think we're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.