Technical Program Manager - Enterprise Connectivity
New York, NY
Posted Feb 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 88815
The Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration group is changing the way our Enterprise clients connect and integrate with Bloomberg by building an Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) offering, giving clients a flexible generic tool to self-service their needs. We engineer technology for high throughput and low-latency secure data transfer over a distributed infrastructure. This is one of the foundations upon which Bloomberg’s Enterprise business is built on. With ever increasing demands for more capabilities from our clients, Enterprise Connectivity is building new strategic cloud-based infrastructure in order to provide secure, reliable and scalable connectivity solutions over multiple channels, including Messaging, FIX, SFTP and Web API.
What’s the Role?
As a technical program manager, you will be responsible for developing and owning strategic programs around adoption of new connectivity solutions for external and internal clients, and drive these initiatives across different engineering groups. We’re looking for highly analytical individuals with strong communication and project management skills, who can partner with engineers to onboard new and existing users to our new connectivity infrastructure. The role requires technical knowledge to understand how current connectivity is integrated with other systems, and work with engineers to create new integration policies or solutions to accelerate adoption.
We’ll Trust you to:
- Plan major programs and socialize them with key stakeholders, coordinate with engineering and service teams to drive adoption of new technology, implementation efforts, and standardization of technology and process.
- Leverage your technical experience and background to analyze systems we integrate with, identify dependency and gaps. Review the alignment of our solution with the business strategy and drive initiatives to constantly raise the bar of our capabilities.
- Excel in managing day-to-day projects but also keep an eye on the big picture and not be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be.
- Create accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist.
- Coordinate and run quarterly Agile planning across multiple teams
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process execution with a focus on agile development practices.
- Experience in full life-cycle project management for large-scale system implementation, across multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to articulate and get buy-in from senior stakeholders.
- Excellent organization skills to run programs and projects, socialize initiatives and track timelines
- Technical knowledge to understand and analyze distributed systems, and ability to discuss technical concepts, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Strong sense of ownership, self-starter and able to drive and take projects across the finish line
We'd love to see:
- Exposure to connectivity protocols like FTP and HTTP
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Innovative mind-set, generate ideas to overcome challenges.
- Experience delivering in a dynamic and rapidly changing, technical environment.
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. If this sounds like you, apply! You can also learn more about the products we build at https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/integration-and-distribution/ https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-gateway/