Technical Recruiter - Software Engineering
New York, NY
Posted Aug 14, 2018 - Requisition No. 68072
Our Software Engineers tackle some of the world’s most interesting and important technical challenges. Recruiting is a key driver of Bloomberg Engineering’s success. You will join a world class team charged with attracting, assessing and impressing the best engineers on the market. We’re passionate about delivering an exceptional candidate experience throughout the entire hiring process.
What’s in it for you:
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are always looking to develop creative strategies to hire top talent – you’ll love it here. You will work with various software engineering teams to develop a deep understanding of their business objectives, products, people, and challenges, in order to present the best skilled candidates. You won’t stop there. You’ll bring curiosity and insight to the table, backed up with a data-driven approach, to truly partner with hiring managers, interviewers and HR business partners.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage and execute on the full recruitment life-cycle, from reviewing resumes to closing candidates, in a high volume and complex recruitment environment.
- Think creatively to develop non-traditional talent sourcing strategies to aid specific business strategic initiatives.
- Provide a high-touch candidate experience.
- Deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully to hiring managers and other key stakeholders.
- Create effective analysis and reporting to measure the success and impact of your recruitment efforts as well as sources and quality of your hires.
- Project manage key initiatives that impact the overall Software Engineering recruitment strategy.
- Stay in tune with external market factors as well as new best practices/trends affecting recruiting.
- Help build our brand as well as relationships with software engineering talent through social media and networking activities such as industry conferences and open house events.
- Build long-term partnerships and work towards common goals with select agencies.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners, Immigration Specialists, Relocation Experts.
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years of technical recruitment experience.
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence.
- Exceptional people skills, developed through experience in client-facing roles or customer service and support.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, presentation and project management skills.
- Proven history of full-cycle recruiting.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a team player who’s self-aware, acts with integrity and values diversity
- Be curious, innovative and analytical.
We would love to see:
- Experience recruiting software engineers.
- Track record of instigating action and accomplishing goals across various projects in the face of multiple demands.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/