Technical Recruiting Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jun 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 75600
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an upbeat, commercial, creative and collaborative recruitment professional who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You know the financial services landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, analysts, product managers, leaders and sales talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities.
What you'll do:
We are seeking an up and coming Recruiter and world-class Sourcing Specialist who can apply their experience in market analysis and networking to build and proactively develop relationships with external technical talent. You’ll identify talent externally, manage the flow of candidates and successfully increase this through strategic sourcing, vacancy marketing, networking and brand building.
You’ll ensure a smooth recruitment process and work with business recruiting partners to ensure an improved hiring process. You're enthusiastic on the value of talent, are creative in sourcing methodologies and execute with a commercial attitude. Gaining knowledge of the range of vacancies, understanding of the departments and building relationships within the industry, you are a credible asset, adding value to our recruitment processes, communities and different business lines at Bloomberg, specifically with our Global Data and Technology Services and Solutions businesses.
We’ll trust you to:
- Liaise with hiring managers and business leaders to create innovative and effective hiring and sourcing processes
- Think creatively to develop non-traditional talent sourcing strategies to aid specific business strategic initiatives
- Source candidates directly through internal and external industry networking, direct head hunting and various online recruiting tools
- Managing the recruitment process including; reviewing CVs, assessing candidate expertise via face-to-face meetings and phone calls
- Build a network in the tech talent market
- Stay in tune with external market factors affecting technical talent, as well as new best practices/trends affecting recruiting
- Attending, building and hosting career events including recruitment fairs/presentations and diversity/in-house events
- Working on ad hoc projects as required for the benefit of the global recruitment team
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of previous experience working in a research or recruitment position
- A strong understanding of the recruitment process within the technology space
- Keen interest in who and what tech people are about and what kinds of roles they play and seek to – in fact, we’d love it if you already know a bunch of these folks
- Experience in using external networking tools and jobsites
- Proven behavioral interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- Ability to capture and organize candidate and competitor data in a way that can be used most effectively
- Ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Demonstrated passion, compassion, and the ability to take ownership
We’d love to see:
- Evidence of not only knowing your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, but having a couple of innovative tricks up your sleeve
- Track record of success in sourcing diverse candidates through community groups and events, and working with nonprofit and external partner organizations
- A track record in mapping new markets and producing competitor intelligence reports
- Interest in finance / fin tech
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime watch this proud reminder of our purpose: https://vimeo.com/263526877
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.