Technical Solutions Architect, Bloomberg Philanthropies
New York, NY
Posted Aug 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 76800
Interested in leveraging your strong analytical and technical skills to design, develop, and implement technology solutions? Looking for ways to blend your strong communication and client-facing skills with your technical aptitude?
Bloomberg Philanthropies Information Technology (IT) division is seeking a Technical Solutions Architect who can partner with our internal clients to understand their business needs and requirements, architect best-in-class technical solutions, and implement them for priority projects.
We’ll trust you to leverage your ability to work closely with clients to learn the business and identify opportunities for process and workflow improvements, while working with the IT team to define clear product requirements, delivery timelines, and implementation milestones. To achieve this, you will develop your knowledge of philanthropic processes and leverage your technical skills to design and enhance client-facing workflows, build data models and data dictionaries, and implement processes that ensure robust data quality. In close collaboration with stakeholders, development teams, and clients, you will deliver technical products that improve the quality of our data, make the business more efficient, and extend the capabilities of our technology stack.
- Process Improvement
- Facilitate current and future state process design sessions with end users
- Conduct impact analysis of changes/enhancements requested by the users by documenting modified process workflows
- Document various processes that need to be translated into technology systems
Analysis, Technology Design and System Implementation
- Evaluate the client’s business needs
- Research possible technical solutions to review with end users that could fill the need
- Design and prototype the technical solutions to ensure client requirements are met
- Work with development teams and end user stakeholders to ensure technical solution functionality
Data and Reporting
- Manage the data model that supports business workflows and reporting needs
- Understand how to connect multiple disparate data models and define clear data dictionaries that define what the data means, how it is populated, and how the data interacts
- Define clear data migration strategies and assist with development of data migration tools where needed
- Support post various data clean-up activities on an as needed basis
Strategic / Relationship Management
- Translate complex technical concepts into client features and impact when dealing with stakeholders and end-users
- Relationship with key business stakeholders to collaborate on improving the different enterprise systems
- Own relationship with vendors to clearly communication organization’s needs including collaboration on enhancement delivery and escalation on service issues
- Ability to work across internal teams. Build and maintains strong partnerships with all team members; maintains regular working relationships with other departments.
What You Need to Have:
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines across multiple stakeholders and business initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a coding language, such as Python, with proven experience leveraging to perform data analysis, process enhancements and automation, etc.
- Ability to analyze large quantities of data through data analysis tools and an ability to interact and pull data from different types of databases and systems (SQL, API, BAS Services, DL, etc).
- Drive and motivation to work independently as well as with large groups of stakeholders.
- High attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to not just identify problems but provide solutions.
- Ability to proactively seek answers and communicate potential risks.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts for business stakeholders and clients
We’d Love to See:
- Experience working with Bloomberg data to build tools, templates, or models by using tools such as BQL/BQUANT, Microsoft Excel, R, etc.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.