Technical Support Specialist, User Support - Bloomberg Financial Solutions
New York, NY
Posted Nov 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 111649
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
Bloomberg’s Technical Support specialists are the very best in global front line support. We are responsible for supporting Bloomberg’s variety of products and services across multiple connectivity mediums. We are a high-profile team that requires the best in technical troubleshooting.
What's The Role?
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will provide both new and existing Bloomberg clients with platinum technical service. You'll offer sophisticated technical skills to resolve issues and work closely with a range of partners to deliver access to the Bloomberg infrastructure while meeting our clients’ connectivity needs. You will be responsible for communicating with key accounts while collaborating closely with market data and technology personnel as well as telecommunication providers, service vendors, and a variety of internal partners to ensure the highest quality of service to our customers.
If you wish to be involved in an exciting, fast-paced opportunity that allows you to fully utilize your communication, technical, and troubleshooting skills while gaining insight into the global financial markets - then this may be the opportunity for you
We'll Trust You To:
- Be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a desire to continue to learn
- Have proficiency at multitasking in a dynamic environment
- Be dedicated to providing exceptional customer service
- Support Bloomberg's software, network and hardware offerings while coordinating with clients and partners
- Fix, supervise, handle, and maintain all Bloomberg’s private IP network including connectivity and infrastructure
- Integrate and support Bloomberg products and services into our clients’ environments including fixing and debugging application issues
- Troubleshoot hardware on virtual environments (VMWARE, CITRIX, etc.)
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills when taking care of telco vendors globally (AT&T, Verizon, Telefonica, BT) to report and raise service impact issues on tail circuits - Multitask to prioritize a high volume of simultaneous calls, instant message and tickets, alongside team related tasks and initiatives.
- Thrive in a fast-paced team, whilst demonstrating adaptability in a constantly evolving environment
You'll Need To Have:
- 1-3+ years proven excellence in customer service
- Deep knowledge of router commands, network protocols (such as SFTP, TCP, UDP, BGP, RIP, etc.)
- A strong grasp of PC hardware, operating systems and software suites (Windows & Mac OS, Office Suite)
- Strong track record of interpersonal communication and coordination with internal/external stakeholders
- Extensive experience supporting technology across a multitude of platforms
- Knowledge of telecommunication lines, basic network design, and security
- Proven ability and strong aptitude for multitasking
- CompTIA A+, CCNA, or NET+ certification strongly preferred
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd Love To See:
- Sophisticated Excel knowledge including Macro and VBA and ability to crunch and analyze data
- Message protocols knowledge including FIX 4.0, FIX 4.2, and Fix 4.4
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
What is Bloomberg? https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/what-is-bloomberg/
View our Benefits: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/employee-benefits/united-states/?tactic-page=588601
Does This Sound Like You?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 80,000 - 90,000 USD Annually + Benefits