Technical Writer/Content Strategist- Bloomberg Connects
New York, NY
Posted May 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 103687
Bloomberg’s Product Documentation department is a centralized team of technical writers who create user assistance materials that span business areas, including financial markets and corporate philanthropy. We partner with Product, Engineering, and UX teams in an energetic environment, characterized by frequent updates and quick time-to-market. We take pride in being a collaborative team of 20+ writers that values peer-to-peer editing, an iterative writing process, and cooperative idea generation.
What's the role?
Bloomberg Connects (https://www.bloombergconnects.org/) is a rapidly-growing free app that lets you access cultural organizations around the world anytime, anywhere! Launched in November 2019, the app features engaging multimedia digital guides with insightful and unique content exclusive to each of our cultural partners, including Central Park, The Guggenheim, MoMA PS1, Serpentine Galleries, and many more. The venture is a collaboration between Bloomberg Philanthropies and Bloomberg LP and aims to broaden access to arts and culture worldwide. Participating cultural partners use a web portal to make their multimedia content accessible via the app.
We're looking for a full time technical writer and content strategist to author public-facing online documentation for the Connects Content Management System (CMS) that cultural partners use to populate the Bloomberg Connects app. You'll use a combination of third-party and proprietary authoring tools to prepare accessible, engaging text and video content that serves the dual purpose of educating current users and attracting new partners from cultural institutions.
We'll trust you to:
- Write and produce a broad range of documentation deliverables, including User Guides, Contextual Help, UI descriptions, release notifications, and training videos.
- Compose and design onboarding material to appeal to cultural partner prospects and promote the versatility and benefit of our solution.
- Collaborate across Product, Engineering, and UX Design teams to track CMS enhancements and cultural partner requirements.
- Develop a characteristic voice for UI language and refine CMS documentation style guidelines with support from Product Documentation team editors.
- Employ logical content strategy to forefront essential information about fast-moving product developments.
- Leverage onsite and offsite app usage research to refine documentation and onboarding content.
- Handle multiple projects to keep pace with shifting release schedules and business priorities.
- Generate creative ideas to evolve styles, processes, and tools.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of technical writing experience or related discipline.
- Excellent writing skills for an end-user client audience, with flexibility to shift between procedural and conversational writing styles.
- Proven creative writing skills to craft compelling, benefit-focused content.
- Strong project management skills, including experience in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines.
- A track record of success interacting with all levels of staff and management, including cultural partners, product managers, engineers, and senior management.
- The ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
- Experience with video editing software and workflows.
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, and technical solutions.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and image production as part of effective content design.
- Experience with instructional design.
- Editing experience.
- Familiarity with DITA, HTML, or online authoring tools.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com