Bloomberg Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance group that helps to keep Bloomberg safe from internal and external threats. We help Bloomberg accomplish objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach for assessing/improving the effectiveness of processes designed to protect our company. We provide assurance to our Management, Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, Global Financial Regulators, and our Audit Risk and Compliance Committee that risks to the organization are understood and managed appropriately.
We are evolving the way we plan, produce, and deliver internal audits to better provide risk/controls assurance to our stakeholders. Currently, our Internal Audit team uses a hybrid resource model relying mainly on expertise from an outside firm with minimal internal staffing.
What's The Role?
As a Technology Auditor, you will further enhance our ability to identify issues and provide valuable recommendations to management that considering our unique technology and culture. You will work with stakeholders to identify the risks in their organization that could keep Bloomberg from achieving our goals. You'll test the processes in place to keep these risks from being realized, and make proactive recommendations for risk reduction. You will also be a foundational member of our in-house audit team, and help grow/establish our reputation as we build an innovative model for internal audit. A model that adapts leading audit practices to our Agile environment.
We'll Trust You To:
- Work with business units, other risk focused teams, and our co-sourced audit partner’s subject matter specialists to identify and evaluate: business and technology risks, internal controls to mitigate those risks, and related opportunities for improvements
- Document, review, and test the design and performance of processes meant to mitigate technology risks within our Financial Products business, News and Media team, and departments that support the technology infrastructure enabling these businesses
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to adapt standard best practices for internal audit considering our dynamic culture and environment
- Partner with other assurance providers internally to demonstrate test results that help build a fuller picture of risks and control effectiveness across our company
- Play an active role in completing audit reports: distributing drafts, gathering/evaluating management action plans, and tracking/validating remedial actions
- Assist in preparing for senior executive presentations to regulated entity Boards and Bloomberg's Audit Risk and Compliance Committee
- Establish relationships across teams that provide firm-wide support in order for better collaboration around discussion about identification of key risks, expected controls, and significant changes across managed processes. These teams can include: Information Technology, Information Security, Business Risk Officers, and other assurance providers
- Mature all aspects of the Internal Audit program, including the tools we use to risk assess our audit universe and collect the results of our audits
- Assist in the development of tests that use data analysis to provide a deep view of control effectiveness.
You'll Need To Have:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
- 6+ years of work experience in Internal Audit, preferably as a Technology Auditor or in another technical audit role
- General understanding of processes owned by firm-wide support functions such as the System Development Life-Cycle, network security, access provisioning, system capacity, and reliability monitoring
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, and effectiveness for our fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate with individuals with diverse backgrounds
We'd Love To See:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), or other applicable certifications are a plus
- Experience with Archer and Qlik Sense (or other Governance Risk Control and data visualization tools)
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, and in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.