Technology Finance - Business Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Mar 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 101683
We are the Technology Finance CFO Group! Our team is responsible for the planning, management and reporting on all operating expenses, capital expenses, and people resources (employees, contingent workers, and consultants) for the Engineering and CTO divisions. In addition, we provide analysis, decision support, and execution support to our Engineering & CTO stakeholders, as well as to business and finance counterparts across Bloomberg. We aim to provide exemplary resource management, financial governance and customer service. Our team’s resource specialists are integral to this effort as the Engineering Department continues to grow!
What’s The Role?
The Business Analyst will provide business and financial data analysis for core data center strategies (power, procurement, proactive refresh, inventory lifecycle), producing reports and identifying trends/patterns. You will also assist with the creation of Engineering capital budgets, data center-related operating expenses and monitoring of same.
You will assist with the allocation of technology costs to relevant businesses (both on premise data center allocation and off premise public cloud deployments), including monthly chargebacks.
You will develop relationships and liaise with cross functional teams within Engineering as well as external stakeholders (Technology Infrastructure, Software Infrastructure, Workplace Operations, Networks, Sourcing).
What’s In It For You?
- An opportunity to join a small and motivated team and learn about the largest Department at Bloomberg
- Engineering, including its organizational framework, processes and priorities, as well as underlying procedures and technologies
- Exposure to an expansive network across the department and in all Bloomberg business areas
- A chance to continually improve and streamline processes for data center-related expenses and workflows.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Enhance Datacenter Inventory Lifecycle Management processes/workstreams.
- Assist in data requirement analysis to help drive automation in the proactive retirement of data center equipment.
- Work with the ENG COO and Infrastructure teams to streamline reporting
- Assist in gathering/refining data sets maintained within the ENG CFO/COO group.
- Assist in development and maintenance of standard public cloud reports for each business, including reconciliation of cloud billing and ensuring relevant CFO teams understand their charges.
- Work with the BI team to drive better transparency in reporting and identify opportunities for refinement
- Review/understand data center electrician workflows and recommend opportunities for savings
- Maintain reporting package for monthly/quarterly reviews with DC team
- Help determine trends and other KPI’s
- Assist with gathering information relating to unplanned capital requests
- Understand maintenance, repair and install contracts, opportunities for savings/consolidation
- Work with Sourcing to maintain spend analysis docs for top 10 vendors
You’ll Need To Have:
- Strong business acumen/attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- A hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach, with a willingness to embrace new technologies and changing processes.
- The ability and flexibility to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to handle confidential information professionally and appropriately
- Strong Excel/analysis skills, ideally CS degree or experience coding
- Ability to merge business and financial data, identify trends and make predictions
- Ability to quickly pivot to ad hoc requests when critical need arises
We’d Love To See:
- Foundational Bloomberg domain experience.
- Interest in Technology, Data Centers and Engineering.
- Strong sense of discretion and ability to handle sensitive data and situations
- A drive to identity efficiencies
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.