Technology Finance - Position Management Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Apr 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 101380
We are the Technology Finance CFO Group! Our team is responsible for the planning, management and reporting on all operating expenses, capital expenses, and people resources (employees, contingent corkers, and consultants) for Bloomberg's Engineering and CTO divisions. In addition, we provide analysis, decision support, and execution support to our Engineering & CTO stakeholders, as well as to business and finance counterparts across Bloomberg. We aim to provide exemplary resource management, financial governance and customer service. Our team’s resource specialists are integral to this effort as the Engineering Department continues to grow!
What’s the role?
The resource management role will provide exposure to Engineering Leadership as well as departmental planning and daily operations, with a specific focus on position management. You will use corporate tools like Workday and our internal department-wide system of record to review, manage, and administer position changes, as well as manage and support various organizational projects, analytics and priorities.
You'll work hands-on with key stakeholders by educating and training Engineering team leads on self-service tools and sharing best practices on using our systems to influence business and process improvements for headcount management. You’ll have the opportunity to build a network across the different Engineering departments, recruiting, and HR centers of excellence.
You will also be an advocate for process improvement, providing strategic insights through your comprehensive and effective involvement in all aspects of Engineering headcount related activity. You'll take ownership for the management and improvement of processes that directly impact Position Management, data accuracy and governance.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to join a small and motivated team and learn about the largest Department at Bloomberg - Engineering, including its organizational framework, processes and priorities, as well as underlying procedures and technologies
- Exposure to an expansive network across the department and in all Bloomberg business areas
- A chance to continually improve and streamline processes for Engineering headcount management
We’ll trust you to:
- Perform Engineering position management by reviewing and processing Workday transactions and assisting with quality assurance
- Work with HR Recruiting and HR Position Management (Workday) teams on background hiring activity including job requisitions, transfers, trends and processes
- Provide first class service to Engineering managers and act as SME in providing guidance on daily transactional needs, Bloomberg position management protocols, the use and impact of our resource management system
- Work collaboratively to improve efficiency and promote best practices amongst the training team, recruiting, position managers, etc
- Manage a high volume of requests while maintaining excellent quality and timeliness
- Support and track various Engineering Finance projects and priorities
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years work experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- A high attention to detail and strong organizational expertise
- The ability to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team
- A hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach, with a willingness to embrace new technologies and changing processes
- The ability and flexibility to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- A highly professional manner, with the ability to communicate with employees of all levels of experience, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to navigate the "grey" areas by applying judgement and thinking creatively when responding to customer needs
- The ability to handle confidential information professionally and appropriately
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
We’d love to see:
- Experience transacting with Workday
- Interest in Engineering position management
- Curiosity about process and technology
- Strong sense of discretion and ability to handle sensitive data and situations
- A drive to find the best answer in the most efficient way