Technology Lead Auditor
New York, NY
Posted Nov 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 93829
Bloomberg Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance group that helps to keep Bloomberg safe from internal and external threats. We help Bloomberg accomplish objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach for assessing/improving the effectiveness of processes designed to protect our company. We provide assurance to our Management, Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, Global Financial Regulators, and our Audit Risk and Compliance Committee that risks to the organization are understood and managed appropriately.
We are evolving the way we plan, produce, and deliver internal audits to better provide risk/controls assurance to our stakeholders. Currently, our Internal Audit team uses a hybrid resource model relying mainly on expertise and resources from a Big4 firm with minimal internal staffing.
What's The Role?
As a Technology Lead Auditor, you will further enhance our ability to identify issues and provide valuable recommendations to management that consider our unique technology and culture. You will:
- work with stakeholders to identify the risks in their organization that could keep Bloomberg from achieving our goals, while providing pragmatic and proactive recommendations for risk reduction.
- have responsibility for all phases of the internal audit lifecycle, including the day to day management of teams sourced by our Big4 partner.
- have a role in growing our reputation as we build an innovative model for internal audit that adapts leading audit practices to our agile environment.
Note, while the role is a Lead Auditor role, this role has no direct in-house reporting staff; all staff you’ll be managing will be co-sourced through our external partner.
We'll Trust You To:
- Work with business units, other risk focused teams, and our co-sourced audit partner’s subject matter specialists to identify and evaluate: technology risks that could impact our business’s ability to meet our objectives, internal controls to mitigate those risks, and opportunities for improvements.
- Oversee and challenge the work done by the audit engagement team to document, review, and test the design and performance of processes meant to mitigate technology risks within our Financial Products business, News and Media team, and departments that support the technology infrastructure enabling these businesses.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to adapt standard best practices for internal audit considering our dynamic culture and environment.
- Partner with other assurance providers internally to demonstrate test results that help build a fuller picture of risks and control effectiveness across our company.
- Play an active role in completing audit reports: reviewing, challenging, and distributing drafts, gathering/evaluating management action plans, and tracking/validating remedial actions.
- Assist in preparing for senior executive presentations to regulated entity Boards and Bloomberg's Audit Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Manage relationships across teams that provide firm-wide support for better collaboration around discussion about identification of key risks, expected controls, and significant changes across managed processes. These teams can include: Information Technology, Information Security, Business Risk Officers, and other assurance providers.
- Mature all aspects of the Internal Audit program, including the tools we use to risk assess our audit universe and collect the results of our audits.
- Assist in the development of tests that use data analysis to provide a deep view of control effectiveness.
You'll Need To Have:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience in Internal Audit, preferably as a Technology Lead Auditor or in another technical audit role.
- General understanding of processes owned by firm-wide support functions such as the System Development Lifecycle, network security, access provisioning, system capacity, and reliability monitoring.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, and effectiveness for our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
We'd Love To See:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), or other applicable certifications are a plus
- Experience with Archer and Qlik Sense (or other Governance Risk Control and data visualization tools)
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, and in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.