Technology Sourcing Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Sep 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 109001
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role?
You are passionate about being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for a Technology Sourcing Analyst to join its US HQ based in New York City.
As an Individual Contributor you will be part of the Technology Sourcing Team supporting the hardware, software and technology services categories. You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the North America region. You will need to show a good understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer service skills, and an eye for detail. You will support multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic and demanding environment.
We'll Trust You To:
- Lead and execute less-complex agreements and renewals with a focus on technology services and software, including interactions with the vendor, legal, business unit, and procurement operations
- Negotiate contract terms with vendors to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and your team as appropriate
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services
- Become your team’s Subject Matter Expert on procurement systems and data reporting and management
- Maintain and oversee your team’s sourcing project pipeline
- Be your team’s primary interface with Procurement Ops, Accounts Payable, and Supplier Life Cycle Management teams for non-contract issues
- Ensure adherence to the sourcing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Help develop or update sourcing or purchasing policies as needed
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Work collaboratively and support the Sourcing Managers to negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the procurement strategy
Support the Sourcing Managers and Team Leads in:
- Working with cross-BU stakeholders to ensure "One Bloomberg" approach to common suppliers
- Developing sourcing strategies and managing a robust strategic sourcing pipeline
- Understanding the internal and external environment for the goods/services required
- Building negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Engage stakeholders across various business units and/or geographies
- Understand the impact of market changes and potential effects on suppliers
- Provide guidance on the sourcing and purchasing process to stakeholders
- Respond to Stakeholder requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
- Support regional sourcing opportunities as necessary
- Work with your TL to create and implement a Development Plan to be ready for career advancement on an agreed time-frame
You'll need to have:
- Up to 5 year’s experience in procurement operations or sourcing roles
- Customer Service skills, including issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery, ownership of tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Good stakeholder engagement abilities
- Good project management skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Good supplier management skills
- Familiarity with E-Sourcing and contract management tools
- Very strong ability to gather, analyze, and report on internal data sources
- Ability to gather external data and combine with internal sources to inform sourcing decisions
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional environment with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
We'd love to see:
- Experience independently negotiating and implementing technology vendor agreements specifically within software
- Application of negotiation, accounting, and purchasing principles
- Knowledge of international trade terms
- Knowledge of Regulatory/Compliance contracting
- SAP or other ERP systems knowledge
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 125,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus