New York, NY
Posted Apr 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 102681
Bloomberg Global Real Estate Group is seeking a Transaction Manager, based in the New York City Office.
The position will report to the Head of Global Real Estate and will be responsible for managing all transactions and portfolio strategy for the company’s real estate in the Americas, comprising North, South and Central America.
The current Bloomberg portfolio totals over 2.8 Million SF of offices, data centers and warehouses, of which 2.25 Million SF is in NYC Class A offices.
The Global Real Estate team sits within the Workplace, Operations and Supply Chain group at Bloomberg and manages all operating services within Bloomberg’s global portfolio
- The Transaction Manager for the Americas role is responsible for sourcing, negotiating and finalizing new leases and renewing or terminating existing leases across multiple locations in US and abroad.
- Strong financial and analytical skills are a prerequisite, as is the ability to review, understand and comment on complex real estate legal documents.
- The individual will be responsible for all events for assigned transactions on time. The transaction professional should be able to set and implement negotiating and leasing strategies for the whole Americas portfolio
- The candidate will have significant experience in managing a large national or international high-class office portfolio. The individual with be capable of large, sophisticated lease and purchase transactions for a major company.
- The Transaction Manager will coordinate with our colleagues in Design, Project Management, Infrastructure and Lease Administration as well as our internal customers in a professional, effective and collaborative manner, to perform the suite of transaction duties. Such duties will include: Lease reviews; market analysis; broker sourcing and management; cash flow forecasting; stay vs. go analysis; buy vs. lease as well coordinating site search and due diligence.
The role also requires the individual to present strategy and analysis to Senior Management information and analysis regarding the assets in the real estate portfolio in a clear and efficient manner.
- Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in finance, business, real estate or economics
- 10+ yrs experience in commercial real estate
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to coordinate multi-departmental tasks
- Ability to work closely with a global team of Bloomberg employees and vendors
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Lease database or Transaction Management systems (such as Tririga).
- Knowledge and experience negotiating corporate leases in a National or International portfolio, including offices, warehouses, and data centers
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.