As a team, we are responsible for the process behind bridging the physical gaps between our global work force. As Bloomberg’s travel team we handle travel and expense policies, services, and systems. We closely manage travel agency operations, airlines, hotels, ground transportation services, online booking tools etc. We also own the internal employee expense management system, and the corporate card program. Our objective is to deliver premier service to our employees to ensure they get to their destination quickly and most importantly, safely.
In this role we will expect for you to work closely with employees and stakeholders in order to field all travel related requests. It is important that you are a strong collaborator as you will be working across vendors and different groups within the organization. We will also depend on you to keep an eye on the market and industry trends so that Bloomberg can adjust accordingly and potentially adopt new standards.
We'll Trust You To:
- Lead the daily administration and customer service supporting the global travel program
- Handle all travel related requests such as inquiries, feedback, car accidents, car services issues, shuttle services and responding to queries from employees
- Review and maintain errors logs with Concur to ensure resolution
- Liaise with vendors on customer services issues (Airlines, Hotels, Travel Agency, Ground Transportation, etc), summarize status and ensure resolution by the vendor provider
- Run weekly meetings with customer service representatives from Travel provider to resolve operational issues
- Organize and provide internal training sessions as required
- Maintain current and guidelines for all countries on Travel
- Liaise with the expense team on cancellation of cards for leavers and relocation employees
- Conduct testing of new systems and process as required
- Develop and build strong client relationships globally working with Regional travel and Expense Managers
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, including those pertaining to information security and accounting
- Monitor industry trends, identify opportunities to enhance programs and customer service
You Need To Have:
- Proven customer service skills with the ability to establish clear priorities and effectively run multiple requests in parallel
- Proficiency of online booking tools E.g. Concur and Global distribution systems e.g. Sabre
- Experience in enhancing travel programs and reducing operational costs
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment, and navigate organization structures with sensitivity and finesse
- The ability to drive vendor service level address operational performance issues is essential
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.