UI Developer - Cloud Native Compute Infrastructure (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 115543
Who we are:
The Cloud Native Compute Infrastructure team provides both the Data and Compute services platform that engineers depend on to drive applications within the Bloomberg Professional Service.
We manage a deep technical stack consisting of
- Open source projects (Kubernetes, Knative, Ansible, Postgres, etc)
- Commercial (Oracle, SQL Server etc)
- In-house software solutions for deployments
To support this multifaceted and growing landscape, we are recreating our User Experience with a focus on security, self-service and a unified experience. We are also looking to provide a single federated UI across all multiple products where team members can interact with managed services and infrastructure. These applications are React-based, in some cases implementing Next.js. We are interested in implementing further federation with Next.js.
We’ll need your assistance in building an initial architecture, building an implementation plan, and executing on that plan.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate directly with business product owners
- Design, develop, demo and release high-quality maintainable code
- Take ownership of products and its technical solutions
- Bring in best-in-class open-source technologies
You’ll need to have:
- Professional experience developing at all levels of the application stack (frontend/UI, middle/Services and backend/Database)
- 3+ years of experience building REST APIs using python, Go, or node.js
We’d love to see:
- Some proven experience with Next.js and familiarity with its architectural concepts
- Knowledge of web application security and threat mitigation techniques
- Experience with different internet browsers, their versions and idiosyncrasies
- Knowledge of virtualization, containerization and orchestration tools (Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of continuous integration, testing, and deployment tools (e.g. one or more of Jenkins, circleCI, argo CD, Webdriver.io, Jest)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 950 - 1,150 USD Daily