US Immigration Manager
New York, NY
Posted Dec 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 112540
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Our Global Mobility team in the Human Resources department provides a wide range of assistance to the business and to relocating employees including all aspects of immigration, relocation and tax support. We have 19,000 employees based in 74 countries, and we provide immigration assistance to over 1,400 employees in the US. Our team ensures a high level of customer service to our employees while always looking for ways to minimize compliance risks for Bloomberg, reduce costs where reasonable, improve processes and build relationships with vendors for maximum efficiency.
The US Immigration Team leader will serve as a key partner for managers, new hires, employees and HR on all immigration matters. You will have significant previous experience in vendor management and shown success independently operating in the full spectrum of activity for a large US immigration program.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide in-depth counsel with US immigration processes
- Provide consultations on the most sophisticated and high level matters to develop strategies to mitigate risk and provide timely solutions
- Lead/Partner on niche projects for the US with strategic focus on immigration policy, vendor management, stakeholder education and reporting on immigration matters
- Ensure that our vendors and internal partners provide a high quality experience to employees, new-hires, and managers by bringing to bear internal shared services and outsourced partners for transactional activity while focusing on more critical initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Global Mobility team on team initiatives and projects
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Immigration, Human Resources or directly related field
- 7-10 years working experience within corporate immigration or law firm experience
- 3+ years of proven experience in leading people, and a keen interest in team and people development
- Ability to influence and articulate immigration matters to leadership and stakeholders
- Knowledge of US visa types, processes and the ability to review case facts to figure out optimal filing type
- Capable of exercising independent judgment and discretion while applying company policies and practices to determine appropriate action. Ability to analyze situations and spot potential issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle critical matters
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 130,000 - 165,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus