US Payroll Manager
New York, NY
Posted Oct 30, 2018 - Requisition No. 71632
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to join our New York Payroll team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of our US Payroll staff and will be responsible for the accurate, compliant and timely processing of our US Payroll. The candidate will assume responsibility for computing wage payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions and ensuring compliance in tax withholding and filing obligations. The position requires a highly organized, responsive and flexible candidate that has the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the payroll preparation and production of our semimonthly payrolls
- Ensure compliance with tax withholding and regulatory reporting requirements
- Coordination of year-end processing
- Partner with our vendor (ADP) to process tax payments along with quarterly & annual reporting
- Review and audit of data processed by other team members
- Develop and administer efficient payroll policies and operating procedures
- Ensure departmental metrics and high accuracy rates are met
- Collaborate and build relationships with internal and external business partners
- Recommending system and process improvements, providing analytical and statistical reports
What We’re Looking For:
- A minimum of seven years relative payroll experience, CPP preferred
- Experience managing, building, and developing teams
- Bachelor or Associate's degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field
- Strong working knowledge of payroll practices, auditing and procedures
- Experience using Ceridian Dayforce, Workday, PeopleSoft or similar HCM
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of multi-state taxation
- Ability to research and resolve complex inquiries, seek solutions and follow through on complex tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Maintain and build a high level of customer service with Bloomberg employees
- Ability to work closely within a global team
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.