At Bloomberg Tradebook we define our status in the market as the leaders in Data and Analytics and continue to build out our Portfolio Trading offering and strategy. We provide our clients with sophisticated trade cycle offerings, and help them gain insights into trading processes and transaction costs. As a product partner, our Sell-Side Execution and Order Management Solutions (SSEOMS) delivers global order and execution management solutions for front-end sales and trading and associate middle and back office. SSEOMS offers an integrated suite of solutions including: idea generation, liquidity management and electronic order flow; market execution, positions and P&L and risk management; compliance and middle and back office operations.
What’s the role?
The Global head of Tradebook/SSEOMS Operational Risk group is seeking a risk management associate to join our new and evolving risk management team. While the role is New York based, the you will work with business, legal, compliance, operations and risk teams on a global basis to help promote corporate governance, compliance and risk management initiatives for both Tradebook and the Bloomberg LP Enterprise.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work collaboratively with Bloomberg LP's Office of Risk as well as Tradebook/SSEOMS senior business, compliance and operations leaders globally. This multi-faceted co-operation across roles and geographies is critical to the success of this function.
- Provide valuable assistance regarding the identification, remediation and analysis of risks at the business unit level while ensuring that our business, compliance and legal partners are maintaining regular progress on agreed upon risk remediation strategies and promptly reporting on any issues. As such, you will understand the principles of effective project management.
- Aggregate data from internal and external events and incidents, including near miss events, and you will validate the reliability of sources and the relevance of information to Bloomberg operations, while building a profile of how those risks are relevant to Bloomberg operations.
- Be engaging, collaborative and dedicated who can operate both strategically and tactically in a pressurized and energizing environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to directly contribute to a highly visible and crucially important function within the group.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a consistent track record of academic success.
- Recognized risk certification (i.e. PRM or FRM) preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in enterprise risk, corporate governance, regulatory and operational risk, information and security risk, gained with a financial institution; multi-asset brokerage experience highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of risk management, control assessment and/or control testing activities.
- Working knowledge of US financial markets.
- Strong knowledge and experience managing complex projects.
- Basic understanding of US regulatory landscapes.
- Awareness of global regulations that apply to both brokerage and asset managers
- Basic knowledge of brokerage/asset manager operations
- Knowledge of transactional workflow for equities and derivatives is a plus
- Previous experience working in a financial technology company is preferred
- Basic knowledge of risk management software systems; RSA Archer knowledge preferred.
- Critical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal).
- A great teammate with strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet task deliverables on time.
- Demonstrated proactive work ethic and entrepreneurial problem solving.
- Ability to quickly prioritize according to business needs and changing goals.
- Demonstrated organizational, technical and administrative skills.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.