UX Data Scientist
New York, NY
Posted Jun 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 91658
Bloomberg's UX, Product, and Technology teams are committed to creating better user experiences with technology. We transform complex data and workflow processes into intuitive products.
About the Job:
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the Financial Products UX Team. In this role, you will...
- Use your extensive experience in data-driven insights to identify patterns in usage and understand the implications for our products' design.
- Work with UX designers, UX researchers, data scientists, machine learning experts, technologists, and product managers to understand the problems that need to be addressed, identify the data we should be collecting, and devise methods of instrumenting our system to extract this information.
- Design experiments in our complex environment and interpret their results.
- Answer strategically important ad-hoc questions about our users' workflow and interactions with our system to help shape critical user experiences.
- Create the processes and dashboards we need to be able to analyze user data.
- Work with colleagues in UX Research, UX Design, and Product, and provide them with sophisticated but easy-to-use tools to self-serve common usage questions.
- Collaborate with diverse engineering teams to extend and refine the instrumentation of our software.
- Represent the needs of the UX department in the evolution of our internal data science platform.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Psychology, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Physical Sciences, or another quantitative discipline.
- Experience in the use of advanced statistical analysis, e.g. identifying and analyzing low level user actions, including click path, keyboard logging, dwell time, session duration, and bounce rate, and how these actions could model high level user workflows, such as user adoption and task completion
- Familiar with command line tools and comfortable with drawing insights from large scale, unstructured data
- Proven track record in experiment design with human participants.
- Ability to clearly communicate research findings to decision makers in both verbal and digital form.
If you have any relevant portfolio items or research work you would like to show us, please provide us with a *link* and include it in your application. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time session), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
If this sounds like you:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.