Video Editor (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 16, 2020 - Requisition No. 86713
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
The Bloomberg Creative Studio, which sits at the heart of Bloomberg Media, is seeking a highly-motivated 6-month Video Editor contractor to excel as a leader in this medium. This person will have a strong background in digitally-led design and video. Their goal will be to collectively elevate our creative and content practice through outstanding video and design.
We'll trust you to:
- Combine editorial principles with brand storytelling in a variety of formats – social-first, short-form, animated, and/or long-form documentary style videos
- Autonomously lead a large project from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- Combine desk research and input from custom editors to write and edit social-first, newsworthy, and short-form video stories
- Work without constraints on motion graphics, knowing when to bend the rules and look for opportunities to innovate
- Thrive in our fast-paced environment, fulfilling last-minute requests and quick turnarounds, while prioritizing ongoing assignments
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging platforms to inspire colleagues and create groundbreaking content
You'll need to have:
- 7-10 years of writing and video editing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or a related field
- Creative or content/publisher/agency/post-production house experience
- Ability to explain abstract, complex or cutting-edge ideas in straight-forward ways
- Shown skills in presenting, client partnerships and visual communication
- Proficiency with editing motion graphics software, including Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects. Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks are a plus
- Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects
- Stellar presentation and time management skills
- Broad knowledge of social media and digital communications
- Please submit a link to your portfolio when applying
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.