Video Editor - Bloomberg Media (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jul 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 92853
What is the future of storytelling in podcasts, social videos, immersive articles and longform documentaries? How can data clarify and create new perspectives? Where are the new ideas – and people – advancing equality and sustainability and shaping our global future? What does the future of work, the future of cities, the future of finance and of future health look like?
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we confront these questions every day. As the global studio at the heart of Bloomberg Media, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for Bloomberg’s core audiences.
Our creative team includes video producer, editors, designers, animators, data journalists, scriptwriters and coders who are passionate about developing innovative ideas and committed to working for a company that places purpose at the center of its business, and understands that creativity depends on a healthy, balanced and supportive work environment.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television and OTT, digital, magazine, podcast and radio, and live event platforms across the globe, and Bloomberg Media has become the indispensable source of information for the world’s most influential business leaders of today and for the next generation of leaders changing how we work and live.
Bloomberg Media Studios is seeking a Video Editor/Motion Graphics expert who is collaborative, conceptual, strategic and an expert storyteller. The ideal candidate has an extensive background in “hands on” post-production, motion graphics, and animation. This position will be accountable to the Head of Video. This is a 6-month contract position.
We’ll trust you to:
- Conceive of storytelling ideas that merge to client business objectives with editorial principles
- Showcase your superior editing chops across a range of formats – social-first videos, short-form, animated, long-form documentary style and multi-wave episodic content – that match Bloomberg-owned media channels on TV, OTT, Digital, and Social
- Execute the creative vision (and make it your own!) across every step of the production process: storyboarding, direction of animation, sound design and any other motion design element
- Uphold the highest quality for video whether you’re working with internal teams or directing external production partners
- Spark creativity through collaboration with cross-discipline team members in design, social, copywriting, content strategy to drive the best results
You need to have:
- A stellar body of work, including work for Media, Finance, Technology and Luxury brands (personal work is also encouraged)
- 7-10 years professional work experience in-house or working with video and post production
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills to balance multiple projects at once
- A firm understanding of all aspects of the pre- and post-production process as it pertains to video and animation
- An easygoing attitude, calm under pressure, client facing, and personable
- Excellent spoken and written communication with a heavy dose of storytelling
- Proficiency working with Adobe Creative Suite, edit software. 2D/3D animation software proficiency is a plus but not mandatory
- Please submit a link to your website/portfolio when applying
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Does this sound like you? Apply if you think we’re a good match.
We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.