Video Editor, Bloomberg Media Distribution (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Jul 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 92440
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to New Economy.
Our Media Distribution business is seeking a highly-motivated 6-month contract Video Editor who has a flair for clean, ambitious designs and a love for typography and patterns. You will be working closely with the editorial and distribution teams to ensure content needs are met by crafting short form video content for a myriad of platforms.
The ideal candidate is flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and can balance shifting priorities. If you are a results-oriented editor and outstanding problem solver who consistently stays on top of the latest digital trends, this role is for you!
We’ll trust you to have:
- Video editing and motion graphics experience
- Validated understanding of graphic and sound design fundamentals
- Inventively draws on available footage to craft powerful and sophisticated stories
- Ability to adapt the format and story to suit different devices, platforms, and user contexts
- Knows how to compose text over footage in an elegant and impactful way
- Experience working with editorial content. Understands subscription, and content-license business models
- Experience creating data-visualizations (line charts, bar charts, pie charts)
- Knows when to leverage templates efficiently and when to craft a custom solution
- Animated illustration experience and sound editing a plus
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate and make complex ideas simple
- Stellar organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoys collaborating a variety of individuals and teams
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of proven experience in digital design and video editing
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, AfterEffects and Premiere Pro
- Please submit your portfolio link while applying!
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.