New York, NY
Posted Mar 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 102034
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
BLOOMBERG TELEVISION CONTENT PRODUCTION:
Role: We are looking for an experienced video producer who will be responsible for the creation and production of feature programming, packages and other content to be distributed across all Bloomberg platforms. The projects you will produce will be in-depth and informative that expands upon the strength on Bloomberg reporting and analysis, provide creative storytelling and utilize proper graphics and visual techniques to make the product stimulating to the eye and easy to follow. Leaning upon data, analysis and technology only attainable via Bloomberg Terminal.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Pitch ideas for shows, packages and elements that furthers the reporting of Bloomberg
- Organize and conduct field or in-studio shoots with talent and outside guests
- Be a skilled script writer and editor, allowing news content to explain complex information easily and comprehensively
- Ability to video edit and create animations
- Prepare and disseminate content when breaking news hits or to further promote new programming that is being released.
- Coordinate with the Promo Producer on marketing content to get the word out on new projects.
- Share ideas, techniques, and solutions with the rest of the members of the Cross-Platform Initiative team to develop a better overall product and smoother production techniques.
- Have strong communication skills, collaborate across the newsroom
- Have strong editorial knowledge to be able to produce clips for digital and social platforms
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Newsroom experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, Photo Shop, After Effects required)
- Strong editorial skills
- Flexibility with hours/ability to work weekends and holidays
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org