New York, NY
Posted Aug 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 93632
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative, brand, content and digital marketing group, driving projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We synthesize consumer and competitive insights, deep knowledge of our businesses and offerings, and outstanding creativity to ensure the most compelling experiences possible for our brand. From supercharging our pitches to clients, to encouraging our employees to go where others aren’t, we are the team of designers, copywriters and strategists committed to making Bloomberg a brand that is best in its class and seen as a leader. And what makes us even better is that, together, our team represents a truly global collection of perspectives and experiences!
The Design Team within the Studio, has a strong hands-on approach to both concept development and brand systems. We foster a culture that enables positive design outcomes, staying up to date with the latest trends and always striving to be pioneers. We are experts that understand the formats, methods, technology and tools to best determine what’s ideal for each project. We are always learning and evolving to radically improve and streamline design processes.
The Bloomberg Studio is looking for an outstanding senior Visual Designer to join the Design Team to work on brand initiatives and campaigns supporting Bloomberg LP - ranging from concepting, client pitches, design systems and brand development, editorial design, digital campaigns, social media, virtual and live events among others. As a designer, you will contribute to the creative vision of the team, and work closely with the Design Director, brand strategists, project managers and copywriters to define and brand experiences across digital, motion, web, print and experiential.
We will trust you to:
- Have an outstanding attention to detail and passion for a job well done
- Bring a strong and sophisticated sense of design, with excellent typography skills, and a deep understanding of design principles- and be able to provide constructive and thoughtful feedback to other designers in the team
- Manage your workload efficiently, with help from project managers and project management systems (Workfront)
- Create, iterate, present, and deliver exceptional design solutions
- Work within a defined but dynamic (and always evolving) visual/brand system
- Have a deep understanding of the creative execution process. Partner with vendors, developers (speak their same language), and see complicated jobs through production
- Have knowledge and experience in both digital and print design with the ability to build and submit mechanical production files
- Make design decisions in real-time to drive progress and team efficiency
- Contribute to fostering a culture of innovation and creativity demonstrated with enthusiasm and commitment to growth as the business requires it
- Be a proactive problem solver and effective communicator
- Work alongside marketing partners and address feedback in a timely and thoughtful manner
- Be cool under pressure. Detail orientated, self-motivated, organized and able to multitask
- Think through complex problems to devise workable design solutions
You will need to have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates extraordinary design ability across a wide range of media including digital, social, print, motion, and events
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop + After Effects a plus)
- An intelligent approach to idea generation within the design medium
- Exceptional eye for typography and layout
- Adept at working seamlessly across print and digital
- Collaborate well with client teams and direct client contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to receive and interpret complex or undefined creative briefs, present ideas creatively and effectively to high-level partners
- Previous experience with design thinking, layout design (long and short form) as well as data viz and digital experiences
- Facilitate client workshops (concepting, prioritization, etc.) to advance the design on a project
- Verbally articulate visual concepts and participate in collaborative design sessions
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.