New York, NY
Posted Jul 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 76053
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news and data investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Businessweek is seeking a talented, creative and enthusiastic Visuals Editor to join our team. You're a match if you are a strong visual storyteller, resourceful, with a formidable work ethic; are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and excel in a fast-paced workplace with tight deadlines. You will be nimble, able to pivot quickly, highly organized and an effective communicator. You should be comfortable working both independently and in a team, and look forward to collaborating closely with our art and editorial teams. Above all, you should be a positive and reliable teammate. The successful candidate will work closely with the Visuals and Photo directors to create exciting imagery—both still and moving—which works to evolve our brand.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with the Visuals and Photo Directors to push the boundaries of our visual storytelling
- Produce and edit video stories for digital, social, and other Businessweek enterprises
- Independently photo research and edit images for both a wide range of stories for print and web, including features, front of book sections and special issues.
- Commission a wide range of styles of shoots from news, to still life, and portraits around the globe
- Manage daily workflow of magazine imagery including tracking and releasing of hi-res images to production and captioning and crediting of images in layout
- Contribute to other editorial department creative needs or projects, as needed, including photo essays and video stand-alone projects
- Collaborate with editorial team on story development and visual concepts
- Knowledge of contracts, usage rights, photo licensing and copyright laws
- Assist with maintaining budget for photos and video shoots
You'll need to have:
- Three to five years of experience in a fast paced media environment, with a strong focus on creating digital, video, photo and/or editorial content
- Experience producing multi-platform visual content for print, digital and social media—and the ability to pivot to the strength of any particular format
- Savvy photo and video production skills and the ability to source amazing images from agency sites, PR contacts, local photographers, stock and other user-generated sources
- A proficiency in Premiere, Adobe Suite, and K4, along with a willingness to adapt to evolving applications (such as Slack and other social hosting services)
- Adeptness in editing digital video shorts and gifs
- Proficient in social media platforms and tools, and strong understanding of the role of social media in the traditional media landscape
- A passion for photography and film that keeps you curious, with a finger on the pulse of the industry
- An engaging and positive manner, with a high level of organization, drive and assertiveness
- Ability to work under both breaking news and long-term planning deadlines
- An interest in fostering and maintaining diversity when assigning
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills
- Proven, creative mind with an eye for detail
- Please include a link to your video reel and online portfolio with your resume.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.