Viz Operator (Freelance/Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 114365
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a freelance Viz Operator to join our control room team, firing live graphics in a 24/7 broadcast environment at our headquarters in New York City. They will collaborate closely with our technical team and editorial personnel in order to ensure quality visual presentation to our audience.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Move quickly and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced broadcast environment
- Read, follow and complete all relevant tasks outlined in a live news broadcast rundown
- Operate a live broadcast graphics rundown, firing lower-third and full screen graphics while communicating with control room crew and editorial colleagues
- Fire out set backgrounds to video wall engines in New York and our global studio surfaces
- Assign and fire full screen graphics into appropriate channels to be routed into video surfaces in coordination with the technical director
- Change graphics in the wall engines as cued by technical and editorial personnel
- Follow along with breaking news developments, working quickly to match relevant graphics with on-air conversations as they become available
- One year of experience working in a live television environment and operating within Viz ecosystem or with relevant live graphics software
- An ability to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy, under tight deadlines in high pressure situations, and in a live broadcast environment
- Familiarity with ENPS or other relevant broadcast news rundown software
- A strong desire to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple streams of information simultaneously while operating live graphics system
- Flexibility to work early morning, evening, overnight hours, with possible weekend and holiday coverage
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 40 - 45 USD Hourly