Telephony Infrastructure Automation Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Feb 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 113523
About Bloomberg Corporate Technology:
The Global Corporate Technology Team is responsible for crafting, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all of the hardware, software and enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
The Network and Telecom Operations Engineers are responsible for implementation, day-to-day support and maintenance of Bloomberg LP's enterprise network and telephony infrastructure. Our team works closely with Engineering teams, from conceptual stage to production. As owners of the environment we ensure that our infrastructure is always available and enables our employees to be highly productive. In this team and the fast paced environment we work in, we constantly challenge the status quo and look for ways to improve workflows and introduce efficiencies by automation of day to day tasks. We also act as an escalation point, develop operational processes and documentation for the service organization.
We'll Trust You To:
- Implement and maintain a scalable enterprise VoIP infrastructure
- Identify and develop automated solutions for day to day operational tasks independently
- Work with Bloomberg's software development practices and framework
- Participate in testing new products and develop operational procedures
- Work with vendors to identify and resolve product related issues
- Automate monitoring metrics; identify and troubleshoot service issues
You'll Need to Have:
- 4+ years in a DevOps role as part of an enterprise infrastructure team
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with Ansible, Python, Ruby etc
- Understanding of VoIP fundamentals, SIP trunking, Session border controllers, Webex Collaboration suite
- Understanding Security fundamentals best practices including SSL certificate management
- Good understanding of Incident and Change management principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Build great working relationships with multi-functional teams within Bloomberg
We'd Love to See:
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with log aggregation applications and building dashboards
- Working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with server virtualization
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 125,000 - 160,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus