New York, NY
Posted Apr 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 90472
Few organizations can keep up with the dynamic, 24/7 nature of today's media coverage; even fewer can claim to have helped shape it. We have been a leading source of data and news, and present one of the most challenging environments in financial journalism.
Bloomberg News is seeking a contractor for a six-month assignment working on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a daily ranking of the world's richest people. The successful candidate will be responsible for calculating and updating the profiles and net worth of billionaires globally that appear on the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg.com. You'll be an excel whiz, fluent with numbers and comfortable with regulatory filings and valuation concepts that help Bloomberg's Wealth team track the fortunes of the ultra-rich. The role primarily involves data collection but there will be opportunities to report and write stories.
Due to the short duration of the assignment, work authorization is required.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain profiles on the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg.com
- Calculate the net worth of billionaires using proprietary tools and methodologies
- Assist in valuations for newly discovered billionaires
- Contribute reporting for special packages on wealth
You will need to have:
- Experience with using excel to a high level
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Previous journalism experience is desirable.
- Language skills, including Mandarin, are preferred but not essential.
- Familiarity with valuing public and private companies is desirable
The job is available immediately. If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.