Web Product Management Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted Jul 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 91987
We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
What's the Role?
The Web Product Management Team Leader is part of the global digital team and is based in New York. This team creates websites and apps that are scalable by utilizing a compilation of features and components within a shared infrastructure. In order to achieve this goal, the team is focused on both product and website development.
The role serves as the main point of contact for Financial Products web marketing as well as leads the Features and Apps product team. Alongside being the day-to-day champion for web marketing, the ideal candidate will have a strong background and understanding of product management and strategy.
The candidate should be proficient and passionate about digital marketing: confidently identifies, recommends, and implements measurable improvements, and craft strategies for future change based on in-depth analysis of results and awareness of the latest trends and technologies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the full mix of digital marketing, including web, email, social, content and performance marketing.
- Offer necessary insight to drive the mapping, building and delivering of transformative digital strategies
- Understand how to balance day-to-day digital production and support needs with projects that drive innovation, experimentation and new approaches
- Help inform and educate diverse audiences about our digital marketing and champion the best approach or solution in the face of resistance
- Stay up to date with the latest digital technologies and trends, and always looking out for ways to optimize, improve, and enhance what we do
- Partner closely with our global teams, including marketing managers, event planners, social media managers, copywriters, art directors, designers, engineers, and marketing managers to deliver outstanding digital experiences
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues quickly, or provide alternative solutions when necessary
- Represent the wider Studio digital team in conversations with our Marketing partners and other business personnel
- Work cross-functionally and build relationships within the Studio, the rest of Marketing, and the greater External Relations team
You'll need to have:
- Prior experience delivering large-scale web and other digital projects in a large, complex multi-region organization
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology
- A strong understanding of strategy and execution across the full digital marketing mix
- A strong background in web development and transformation, including auditing the status quo, understanding future needs, defining requirements and road-mapping for change
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum, Wordpress, Jira, and Google Marketing Platform (GA, Optimize, GTM, Data Studio, etc.)
- A history of originating and executing disruptive digital ideas
- A proven track record of your ability to leverage data and insight to evolve digital strategy over time
- A consultative, diplomatic, and collaborative approach.
- Clear, articulate, and professional communication skills regardless of channel (email, phone, face to face), location (New York, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, etc.), and department (engineering, communications, media, sales)
- Organizational skills and able to thrive in a fast-paced, transparent environment
- A self-starter mentality with a strong work ethic
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in a large and sophisticated in-house digital or web team
- Prior experience operating in a fast-moving multinational company
- Knowledge of financial markets and institutional financial services would be helpful
If this sounds like you:
Apply – and if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime, watch this proud reminder of our purpose:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.