Web Product Manager, Optimization and Conversion
New York, NY
Posted Sep 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 95491
We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces! We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
What's the Role?
The Web Product Manager, Optimization and Conversion is responsible for maintaining and optimizing our website page system to increase overall site conversion. This role will be responsible for the vision, strategy and delivery of our page information architecture system, campaign pages and optimization processes for our network of sites. You will work very closely with the UX Design, Content Strategy, Paid and Email Marketing teams. You should be proficient in A/B testing principles, conversion funnels, data and analytics. The ideal candidate is proficient and passionate about digital marketing: enthusiastically identifies, recommends, and implements measurable improvements, and crafts strategies for future campaigns and product improvements based on in-depth analysis of results. Communication and execution are key factors to your success in this role. You will also need to be a proactive team member identifying solutions and opportunities.
It’s a sophisticated role requiring an understanding from a strategic perspective of why you should do a project, what technology could be used to achieve it, what it could look like, and how it could work. A digital specialist, but also a generalist when it comes to understanding digital strategy, UX, business analysis, design, copywriting, SEO, development, QA, and analytics. This is accomplished by utilizing creative and technical skills, providing accurate support and maintenance, as well as closely working with designers, developers, and other specialists as a unified team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the optimization and conversion strategies across the main website and campaign pages
- Partner with internal teams to maintain and improve our page information architecture system and be an advocate for our “Audience & experiment focused page creation”
- Be a specialist in A/B testing, develop and define a roadmap to help drive growth across key metrics and educate team members on A/B testing processes.
- Own, iterate, and maintain the key user touchpoints for conversion: campaign pages, website forms, and other key landing pages
- Collaborate with our marketing channel owners on our paid digital activity to push experimentation and build a flawless user experience from paid advertising to on-site conversion experience
- Work with business partners, Content strategy and Product Managers to define the middle and bottom of the funnel strategy and how it plays into larger conversion efforts.
- Work with marketing managers, designers and web development teams to improve functionality and features on web products as the need arises by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Build and lead the product backlog, closely partner with the business and the team to ensure everyone understands the work items in the product backlog, interpret requests into Jira issues with definition of completion/success
- Be deeply tied to our data and make data-based decisions
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in web production/product management
- Experience with A/B testing platforms and the in-depth use of data to advise decisions
- Ability to keep track and document the details and the big picture; JIRA, Wiki, Slack
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
- Experience with content management systems, specifically WordPress
- Proven success in project management with an aptitude to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Solid knowledge in HTML and familiarity with CSS
- SEO, SEM, paid social, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- Proven success in developing, testing and deploying multiple marketing campaigns with the ability to execute quick iterations to test theories and designs, using experience, analytics and data for decision making
- Positive relationship management skills with outstanding communication and presentation skills (persuasive written, compelling oral)
- Deep familiarity about digital marketing concepts, practices and programs with a strong understanding of email, social, and web marketing
- Knowledge of standard methodologies for web UX design
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.