Weekend Overnight Editor
New York, NY
Posted Apr 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 74643
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
This role is for Saturday and Sunday nights covering our Middle East and Europe Programming. Working with remote team of producers to cut video for breaking news, quick turnaround assignments and long-from highly produced videos. We are looking for someone who can execute and deliver high quality video, be a forward thinking, creative self-starter and deliver under tight deadlines. Videos will be delivered to all platforms including broadcast television, Bloomberg Terminal, OTT, Social Media and syndication clients.
Needs to have:
- Ability to consistently work the overnight shift on Saturdays & Sundays
- Ability to write headlines and descriptions for video assets to be published to Bloomberg Terminal and all digital platforms
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong video editing skills, knowledge of motion/animation preferred
- Knowledge of business news is a plus
- Comfortable in breaking news situations
- Editorially savvy, forward thinking
- Ability to adapt to changes in production schedule, deliverables
- Consistently able to multi-task, handle multiple projects at once
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.