New York, NY
Posted Apr 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 102716
About Bloomberg Corporate Technology:
Corporate Technology is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting internal IT systems. This encompasses all hardware, software and enterprise applications on the corporate network used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration enabling all of the firm's businesses to be more agile.
The New York Server & Storage System Administration team is essential for operational efficiency of our global internal IT systems. We are trusted to ensure that our IT infrastructure is running efficiently at all times in order to support the tens of thousands of devices operating on our network! We also support the thousands of employees that rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily within our multi-technology team and with teams globally including Security, Telephony, Network, End Point Technology, Audio Visual, Mobile Technology, Service Desk and Infrastructure design teams.
As a Windows Engineer in our environment you will work within an Agile framework to build, maintain, and continuously enhance our highly virtualized environment! Your objectives will be system standardization, security, performance and stability in coordination with Regional and Global team members. You will be expected to work with colleagues to identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements.
You'll need to have:
- In depth knowledge of Windows operation systems: kernel, registry and network services to v2019
- In depth knowledge and experience using core Windows technologies: AD, GPO, Windows FireWall, DNS, PKI, LDAP and DFS
- Strong familiarity with identity and authentication protocols: Kerberos, SAML, OAuth and SSO
- Understanding of enterprise management and security approaches, including Group Policy Management, Kerberos and PKI Authentication
- Proficient with automation and development tools for Windows, especially PowerShell
- Solid understanding of Microsoft cloud products such as AzureAD and Office 365
- Expert troubleshooting skills in an windows enterprise environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong documentation skills
- Strong information security mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability to thrive within diverse environments and cultures.
We'd love to see (Not Required):
- Strong expertise in enterprise Exchange configurations and support
- Strong expertise with corporate mobile device management platform, preferably VMWare AirWatch in conjunction with Hybrid Exchange environment
- Strong expertise of SQL & implementing SQL and Windows clusters to v2019
- Certifications in Microsoft, Azure and O365 technologies
- Awareness of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Configuration Orchestration, Configuration Management (Chef, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Grafana)
- Cloud infrastructure experience with AWS, Azure AD, and other enterprise products
- Experience working within an agile workflow
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org