Workday Reporting Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jun 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 75488
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Our Workday Reporting team works in partnership across the HR organization to design and implement operational excellence delivering seamless people systems to Bloomberg's 20,000 employees globally. We partner with business units to understand people data that drive process improvements to manage our talent lifecycle.
What’s the role?
As a Workday Reporting Specialist, you will be focused on understanding our clients’ business requirements related to our people data within Workday. Your responsibilities will range from creating simple reports to developing more complex reports and dashboards for a wide array of end users. You'll also take ownership for the administration and improvement of the Workday reporting processes. The support you'll provide is critical for decision-making as we strive to improve our internal processes.
You'll be hands on with the business and HR Business Partners by educating and training clients on self-service tools and how to utilize our systems to influence business and process improvements. You’ll have the opportunity to build a network across the different centers of excellence within HR as you review data on the full range of the employee life cycle. You will also partner with the People Analytics, gleaning meaningful stories from Bloomberg's workforce data. Through your analytical ingenuity we will optimize efforts across recruiting, HR and diversity efforts, as well as the employee experience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and maintain simple to complex Workday reports, including matrix and composite reports, utilizing Workday Report Writer and Report Designer, as well as other organizational tools and available technologies
- Partner with your colleagues across HR and the business to understand report/data requirements and ensure results meet the business needs
- Communicate complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences others to take action based on the useful information provided
- Solve report related issues and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Oversee reporting administration, monitoring report usage, leading the effort to analyze and optimize report performance
- Work with technology/security teams to define and create calculated fields, security policies and other Workday objects to support the evolving reporting needs of the organization
- Maintain proper change management documentation to satisfy the company’s internal/external audit controls
- Serve as an escalation point for fixing HR reporting inquires/issues
- Maintain awareness of current trends in Workday Reporting and best practices
- Actively participate in Workday Community by researching, contributing to content, voting on Brainstorms, etc.
- Review system upgrades/releases to determine overall business impact, conducts regression testing and make recommendations for future enhancements/functionality
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources, Computer Science or relevant field of study or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in reporting and information delivery to stakeholders, with 2+ years in Workday report writing
- A strong working knowledge of HR systems and advanced reporting environments
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects in parallel, work collaboratively with teams and as an individual contributor
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience creating Workday reports, calculated fields
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Access or other databases
- Experience working in a dynamic rapidly changing HR environment
- A drive to find the best answer in the most efficient way
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime watch this proud reminder of our purpose: https://vimeo.com/263526877
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.