The mission of Bloomberg's Human Resources Technology Solutions (HRTS) is to provide engaging employee experiences via innovative technology solutions that meet the needs of the business and to promote greater efficiencies and self-service. From user experience, automation, and efficient processing, we use and provide these solutions in a creative, unique, cost-effective and scalable way. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other. We work fast, in partnership with other HR partners to support Bloomberg’s 20,000 employees collectively in more than 150 locations day in and day out.
What’s the opportunity?
We are currently seeking a dynamic Workday Security and Organization Architect to join our team. You will be joining a successful, rapidly growing and ambitious Bloomberg team focused on maximizing our investment in Workday, reimagining the user experience, information governance, and data analytics solutions. You'll be a key member of our team and instrumental to the future success of our department and the impact Workday makes for Bloomberg at an Enterprise level.
In this role, you’ll use your Workday knowledge to collaborate with internal key partners and our best-in-class technology team to design and configure security in Workday and all other HR owned systems. You will be responsible for determining organization and security management requirements and implement Workday best practices in line with regulatory, company and department policy. As an integral member of the team you’ll provide consultative guidance and leadership on Workday projects. You are an influencer, thought leader and possess the in-depth technical security and organization expertise and credibility to provide meticulous guidance to our team. You’ll perform hands-on activities to ensure project success and be responsible for evaluating technical, and functional requirements, as well as influencing the future roadmap to be in line with our strategic goals.
We make decisions fast and you’ll have a seat at the table to make meaningful recommendations and insights. You're a change agent; excited by the opportunity of how Workday can continue driving Bloomberg.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues to understand our business drivers, assess and scope projects, and incorporate relevant levers to drive execution of Workday security configuration across all HR modules (i.e. HCM, Compensation, Talent, etc.)
- Assume the responsibility for hands on configuration of Workday security policies and role assignments
- Maintain system and security assignment integrity in compliance with GDPR, internal process and controls, and any other regulatory mandate
- Provide the highest level of customer support via internal ticketing system and all other standard forms of communication and interaction
- Provide sound solutions and recommending efficient security and organization solutions to support end to end business processes
- Lead the design development, testing, training, auditing, and implementation of Workday security or organization solutions
- Support system testing functionality and issue resolution
- Develop proof of concepts based on business requirements
- Develop relationships with other Workday domain experts and critical users
- Partner with internal technology teams and vendors to ensure alignment of processes to systems and tools
- Act as an active member for the Workday community – staying ahead of Workday updates and practices to think innovatively and make recommendations to implement to deliver tactical benefits for security, organizations, or any other modules of interest to Bloomberg.
- Be a trusted advisor and partner frequently with senior leaders, business stakeholders and other HR teams across the globe
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
What do I need to apply?
- A minimum of 1 year of proven Workday expertise designing, implementing and supporting Enterprise-grade security solutions meeting complex business requirements
- Workday Certification Core HCM is preferred but is not required
- Active exposure in at least two end to end Workday delivered projects
- Knowledge of basic and advanced security configuration
- Knowledge of delivered and custom organizations
- Ability to build and modify custom Workday reports and calculated fields
- Knowledge of loading and troubleshooting EIBs
- Great analytical skills and creative problem solving, showing ability to trace root-causes, collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with upper management
- Superb communication skills used to form credibility and relationships with ease
- Attested experience influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, follow-through on both verbal and written instructions
- Ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
We’d love to see:
- Working knowledge of Workday Security Framework and Management
- Project Management Experience
- Additional relevant experience in embracing and implementing solutions for operational improvements and automation
- Experience working in a dynamic rapidly changing HR environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.