Workplace Operations Incident Management Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jan 17, 2020 - Requisition No. 80803
As a Workplace Operations Incident Management Analyst, you will be part of a team responsible for managing incidents that impact the day-to-day delivery of the technologies, tools, hardware, software and facilities that Bloomberg’s 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices rely on every day to perform their role.
What's The Role:
As an Incident Management Analyst, you will act as a trusted advisor on a multi-functional team that handles incidents, conducts impact and risk analysis, facilitates response planning, and drives mitigation strategies. We have a dynamic and diverse workforce that includes thousands of software engineers, salespeople, product developers, data specialists, news reporters, operations support, and many others.
Our employees depend on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a fast-paced, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. The Workplace Operations Incident Management Team’s role is to ensure that Bloomberg is prepared and ready to managed incidents that impact our technology and facilities effectively and efficiently, with the least amount of impact to our business.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Lead and support major Incident Management reporting and demonstrate experience in coordinating input from multiple multi-functional teams.
- Support implementation of our global policies and procedures designed to minimize impacts in the event of an incident impacting technology or facilities.
- Build strong relationships with leaders across the organization to understand their evolving resilience needs and provide information to enable critical decision making,
- Provide strategic direction on diverse types of Incident Management activities that will drive efficiencies across the Bloomberg LP enterprise.
- Handle escalations appropriately, communicate significant risks and impacts as appropriate, and implement high level solutions accordingly.
- Conduct after-action reviews following exercises and incidents to ensure takeaways are gathered and corrective actions are implemented to improve organizational resilience.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups to collect and utilize data to develop and refine response and mitigation strategies as needed.
You’ll Need To Have:
- 3+ years of Incident Management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of technical and personnel management
- Experience in developing Incident Management organizational standards
- Team building, mentoring, and leadership skills
- Proven Project Management skills executable in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent creative, communication, and analytical skills
- Strong intellectual and emotional capacities
- Passion for innovation and high attention to detail
- Solid grasp of responsive and proactive incident response techniques
We’d Love To See:
- Certification or Degree in IT Security, Incident Management, Computer Sciences, Project Management or similar field(s)
- Experience in managing and supporting users in a Windows, Mac, and Linux environment
- Natural Disaster/Incident response experience
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.