Writer - Editorial Support - External Relations (12 month contract)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 118867
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a driven edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment.
Bloomberg’s internal communications team informs employees about our strategy, products and services, empowering them to accomplish business objectives. These communications also engage employees with the Bloomberg culture, with each other and with those in their networks – all while encouraging a dedication to the company’s philanthropic mission. The result is employees who drive our business forward, while feeling motivated about growing a long-term career within the company.
The internal communications team is going through an exciting shift. Under new leadership, we’re re-imagining the way we communicate with employees and across the channels managed by the team. We are looking for a creative, responsive, and detail-oriented communicator to develop and editorial content in our highly dynamic and global firm. During this 12-month contract role, you’ll partner closely with the team’s Managing Editor and members of the internal communication’s team to produce stories and content that reinforce our cultural attributes, shed light on business priorities, celebrate business and people milestones, inspire employees to grow their careers at Bloomberg, and tie to our company’s philanthropic mission.
We'll trust you to:
- Ideate, develop, and write original articles, guides, and other resources that meet Bloomberg's standards for editorial quality
- Ensure clear and consistent brand messaging, style, and editorial standards across communications
- Produce 4-6 internal news stories a week, with a focus on amplifying Bloomberg's people, culture and business
- Be able to identify the most important stories that embody our priorities and resonate with our colleagues, globally
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to create and edit materials for internal and external use, including event and program descriptions
- Manage and edit content written by other contributors, including colleagues and stakeholders
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years applicable experience working in communications in various subject areas
- Excellent written, editorial and verbal communication skills. Exceptional research, grammar, editing and proofreading skills
- A passion for storytelling and a creative mindset with the ability to translate complex subjects and business jargon into simple, impactful messages and narratives
- Proactive, self-starting, get-it-done worldview with strong prioritization skills
- Speed, adaptability, resourcefulness – especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and leverage internal resources to move multiple projects forward
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field
- Proven content samples (written articles, company-wide memos, video scripts, etc.) crafted to support internal communications efforts
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on Bloomberg's business, priorities and organizational structure
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and customer-focus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 35 - 48 USD Hourly