Data Center Facility Manager
Posted Jul 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 91888
Bloomberg Global Facilities Department is seeking a Data Center Facility Manager based within the Critical Infrastructure team to manage Data Center Facilities in New York / New Jersey.
Reporting directly to the Critical Infrastructure Manager, the Data Center Facilities Manager provides daily oversight and leadership of a Data Center Facility. You will ensure maintenance, operation and repair of the Data Center Facility as it pertains to Electrical, Mechanical and Fire / Life Safety systems. The individual will also be responsible for managing the Operational Expenditures (OPEX) budget while supporting Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) projects. You will be responsible for all aspects of Data Center operations including 24/7 response and escalation as is typical with roles of this nature. You will also provide onsite attendance as required for planned and emergency events supporting the Data Center Facility.
Working as a team, our goal is to ensure activities are executed in a controlled and proven way that ensures the uninterrupted integrity of the Data Center Critical Systems. We strive for continuous improvement of Operational and Maintenance strategies, interactions with vendors and contractors, the execution of capital projects, energy reductions and sustainability initiatives.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Provide leadership to the Data Center Facilities team with a broad set of responsibilities; manage tactical and strategic activities with focus on continuous improvement.
- Manage the Data Center Facility to obtain maximum operational resiliency and efficiency.
- Schedule and supervise the performance of both routine maintenance and emergency service on critical systems, including: diesel generators, UPS systems, electrical switchgear, power distribution equipment, chillers, HVAC equipment, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems.
- Supervise all Change Management processes including procedural developments and risk assessments.
- Coordination with Bloomberg departments including Engineering, Network Operations, Security and other internal departments.
- Manage and supervise all Ticketing and Reporting Systems.
- Responsible for Data Center site safety and environmental compliance. Ensure the Data Center complies with all local, state, and federal health and safety requirements.
- Development and management of Data Center budget for maintenance, repairs, capital and general operating costs.
- Manage and approve vendor purchase orders, invoices and cost tracking utilizing industry best practices.
- Manage all Data Center Facility documentation including Plans, Procedures and Operations Manuals.
- Manage Data Center Facilities Training programs and overall staff development.
- Management and approval of vendor contracts and agreements.
- On-call 24x7 for incident management and data center emergency response.
You’ll Need to Have:
-Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Critical Facilities and environments.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of Critical Infrastructure and Systems.
- Experience with Project Management of Critical Infrastructure and Systems upgrades, replacements and repairs.
- Experience and knowledge within a data center environment including Utility Systems, UPS Systems, Emergency Generator Systems, Electrical Distribution, Chilled Water Systems, Critical Air Handling / Conditioning Systems, Pre-Action Systems and Fire Alarm / Protection Systems.
- Experience with managing and directing Critical Infrastructure and System events for maintenance and testing programs.
- Experience and Knowledge with Building System and Electrical Power Monitoring Systems and Operations.
- Experience and Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) Systems and Process
- Experience and Knowledge with documentation techniques including Method of Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Root Cause Analysis and Change Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
We’d Love to See:
- Proficiency and understanding of Data Center Information Technology (IT) Systems including telecom networks, switches, routers, servers, storage, cabling systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building communication protocols and equipment
- Sustainability / LEED experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.