Facilities MEP Infrastructure Engineer
Posted Jul 10, 2020 - Requisition No. 83835
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Global Facilities Department is seeking a Facilities MEP Infrastructure Engineer based within the North American Facilities Infrastructure Team to support critical infrastructure systems across multiple sites.
What’s the Role:
The Facilities MEP Infrastructure Engineer will support the critical infrastructure systems within the data centers, node sites and corporate offices as required. This is a hands on role for a highly technical and experienced engineer. The Facilities MEP Infrastructure Engineer will report directly to the Critical Infrastructure Manager.
Responsibilities include maintenance, operation and repair of the Facilities as it pertains to Electrical, Mechanical and Fire / Life Safety systems. The individual will also be responsible for managing and supporting Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) projects. The individual will also provide onsite attendance as required for planned and emergency events supporting these Facilities.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Critical Facilities and environments.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of Critical Infrastructure and Systems.
- Experience with Project Management of Critical Infrastructure and Systems upgrades, replacements and repairs.
- Experience and knowledge within a critical environment including Utility Systems, UPS Systems, -Emergency Generator Systems, Electrical Distribution, Chilled Water Systems, Critical Air Handling / Conditioning Systems, Pre-Action Systems and Fire Alarm / Protection Systems.
- Experience and Knowledge with Building System and Electrical Power Monitoring Systems and Operations.
- Experience and Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) Systems and Processes.
- Experience and Knowledge of all critical systems documentation including Plans, Procedures and Operations Manuals.
- Experience and Knowledge with documentation techniques including Method of Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Root Cause Analysis and Change Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel.
- On-call 24x7 for incident management and emergency response.
We’d Love to See:
- Proficiency and understanding of Information Technology (IT) Systems including telecom networks, switches, routers, servers, storage, cabling systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building communication protocols, IP Address and configuration in critical environments.
- Sustainability / LEED experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Willingness to travel
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Company Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 152 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.