Infrastructure Engineer - Bloomberg Data Center (Consultant)
Posted Sep 11, 2019 - Requisition No. 77996
Bloomberg’s Data Center Systems Infrastructure (DCSI) Team is trusted to help automate all infrastructure delivery. We collaborate regularly with teams across Bloomberg to help implement new technologies and strategies for maintaining the multi-billion dollar Data Center operation.
Together, we'll define, document and automate all operational processes. Through the collaborative development of automation and standardized configuration utilities, you’ll provide focused engineering and operational support. For example, our Infrastructure Teams will depend on tools that you develop to automate the standup and support of all compute. You will be at the center of our hub for innovation and you’ll get the opportunity to evaluate emerging technologies along with their impact on various technology infrastructure services.
You are someone who is eager to automate repeatable processes and constant thirst for learning about new technologies which you use to find the best solutions to multi-factor problems.
You need to have:
- 1+ years experience with Python and/or C/C++
- 1+ years experience with Unix (RHEL/Ubuntu, etc…)
- BA, BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with Salt or Ansible for orchestration (preferably Salt)
- Proven track record for building Infrastructure-as-Code
- Experience with infrastructure engineering
- Good knowledge of SDLC concepts
- Working knowledge of JIRA concepts