Infrastructure Engineer - Engineering Support (Contract)
Posted Dec 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 112449
Are you an individual who is excited to deep dive hard to solve problems? Do you like working in a team environment with highly skilled engineers? Do you often ask yourself “how can I prevent this problem?” Are you a person who enjoys identifying broken processes? If so, keep reading!
Our Data Centers have more than 20,000 servers and 1,000 core network devices with multi-vendor presence across all Platforms. Our Operations Engineering Support team specializes in operationalizing repeatable tasks. On a day to day basis the team will identify trends, deep dive tough to solve problems and build out runbooks to prevent problems. As a team member you will be expected to work on a diverse set of technologies while identifying solutions to complex workflow. Customer service is paramount and we’ll be looking for you to have experience working with stakeholders to drive results.
We need you to have an immediate impact on building out runbooks to operationalize workflow for the 24 x 7 operations teams. You’ll need to have a diverse background in operations infrastructure. The ultimate goal here is to help improve operations and reduce toil. This team is not a Software development team but we’ll expect you to have familiarity with software development so you can interact appropriately with stakeholders.
We'll trust you to:
- Create a culture of knowledge sharing and customer service
- Troubleshoot complex problems and research trending hard-to-diagnose failures to large issues to prevent problems, tickets, work, toil, etc.
- Provide well thought out solutions to problems and streamline operations for 24x7 teams
- Market accomplishments through analytics and transparency
- Develop relationships and manage stakeholder expectations
- Identify new opportunities to better the organization as a whole
- Identify needs for training the 24x7 teams in Operations
- Be on call for escalations to major issues
- Identify where automation components are not working, or can be improved upon
- Help drive SRE and Engineering behavior by working with the SRE teams to define and improve operational process
You need to have:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Standardizing operations across wide spread departments/companies
- 3+ years of experience in the infrastructure engineering field
- 3+ years experience with Unix (RHEL/Ubuntu, etc…)
- A working knowledge of SDLC and network components
We’d love to see:
- Experience navigating large organizations with proven results
- Experience with automation around runbook and ticket enrichment
- Data Center knowledge and experience with supporting 24 x 7 Operations
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience working with Salt and Ansible for orchestration
- YAML and jupyter notebook experience
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 40 - 56 USD Hourly