Network Operations Engineer
Posted Feb 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 88608
The Bloomberg Network Operations team is responsible for managing and supporting one of the largest private networks in the world. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support and development of the Bloomberg Network which is integral to the success of the company. Our team ensures our customers have 24/7 access to the Network in order for them to run their business successfully. We provide reactive support to customers’ networking issues as well as proactive project work to ensure the Bloomberg network maintains its position at the leading edge of network design and low latency delivery of data to our customers.
What's The Role?
In our Americas region (AMER) team, you will be joining a tight-knit group of engineers who are not just passionate about technology, but keen to solve complex problems from analyzing packets to troubleshooting networks. You will also partner with a skilled and approachable team with a diverse set of backgrounds, and will collaborate with colleagues around the world. You will also be a critical point of contact between Network Operations and various internal departments to improve the quality of technical and telecommunication services provided to our customers.
We'll Trust You To:
- Provide support, maintenance, and hands-on troubleshooting of our global network using various platforms, from a variety of vendors including Juniper, Cisco, and Linux (Red Hat)
- Manage projects including the installation and decommission of hardware
- Adhere to strict deadlines, including the administration of internal ticketing systems
- Provide hardware and software support as well as configuring and maintaining a multitude of router types including Cisco and Juniper
- Be able to communicate at different levels, as well as being able to remain calm under pressure and be flexible in your approach
You'll Need to Have:
- Hands-on network troubleshooting experience of critical issues
- Networking degree or similar industry standard networking or server qualifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, or Linux/Unix) or relevant work experience
- The ability to be a self starter, proficient and comfortable networking with people
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency, and decisiveness
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex network issues
We'd Love to See:
- Networking degree or similar industry standard networking or server qualifications (e.g. CCNP, JNCIP, or Linux/Unix) or relevant work experience
- Automation experience (Ansible, Chef)
- Firewall experience (Palo Alto, Checkpoint)
- Load balancer experience (F5)
- Cloud Platform experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Jira experience
- Programming experience with Python and PHP
- Understanding of financial markets and underlying technologies in data
- Knowledge of Data Center build and design fundamentals
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.