Network Operations Manager
Posted Jul 16, 2020 - Requisition No. 83924
The Bloomberg Network Operations team is responsible for managing and supporting one of the largest private networks in the world. As part of the Leadership team, you will manage a small team responsible for the maintenance, support and development of the Network which is integral to the success of the company. Your team will ensure our customers have 24/7 access to the Network in order for them to run their business successfully. You will provide reactive support to customers’ networking issues as well as proactive project work to ensure the network maintains its position at the leading edge of network design and low latency delivery of data to our customers.
As the Team Leader, you are required to be a hands-on manager that can effectively lead, motivate, and develop a team. You will lead by example in understanding the infrastructure, the processes, and the broader environment in which the team operates, which are critical to guide the team effectively.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Manage a team that is accountable Monday to Friday.
- Conduct evaluations and coordinate career development of team members
- Coordinate schedules
- Understand, contribute and adhere to department policies and procedures
- Escalate any network-related matters accordingly
- Project manage various sized projects to Prince2/Agile methodology
- Contribute to policies and procedures to make the department more productive and efficient
- Hire, coach, develop and retain your staff to create a high-performing team
- Work with individual team members to create opportunities for them to advance in their careers within Bloomberg
You’ll Need To Have:
- Previous Leadership Experience, either leading a Team or managing a large project.
- Sound technical knowledge of firewalls, routers, load balancers, and WAN technologies
- Networking Degree, or similar, industry standard networking or Server qualifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, or Linux), or relevant work experience
- Project management experience
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills through prior formal/informal experience
- Ability to influence others and lead positive change
- Ability to thrive in a frequently changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We'd Love to See:
- Programming, scripting, and reporting experience are pluses
- Understanding of financial markets and underlying technologies in data
- Knowledge of Data Center build and design fundamentals
- Exchange Feed knowledge
- Experience training and mentoring others
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.