Storage Data Protection - Operations (CONTRACT)
Posted Jan 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 113263
Bloomberg’s Storage Data Protection Team manages a complex Data backup, retention, and recovery system within our world class Data Center environments. The team’s mission is to ensure stability within Engineering by providing Data Protection, Recovery, and Archiving services for Bloomberg’s production systems.
What’s in it for you:
You’ll help execute daily backup activities, including tape swaps and troubleshooting as well as helping to standardize our configuration tools. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance tools, processes, and operational support.
Who you are:
You have knowledge in distributed backup and recovery as well as experience in enterprise backup configuration. You’re a self-starter who has a thirst for knowledge. You enjoy performing operations work and thinking outside of the box to come up with creative solutions to problems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide administrative support for existing NetBackup infrastructure and Data Protection process
- Manage daily operational work with both system and software resources
- Create and maintain documentation, training, runbook, and SLAs for managed infrastructure
You need to have:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Veritas NetBackup software administration(Netbackup 8.x or higher)
- Worked with large scale tape hardware management as well as network storage (Netapp and Isilon)
- Knowledge of UNIX, linux(all flavors), Windows
- Working knowledge of JIRA concepts and processing
We’d love to see:
- Experience with programming - Python preferred
- Knowledge of Chef, SaltStack, GitHub, APIs, and SDLC concepts
- Experience with performing upgrades and performance tuning
- Working knowledge of monitoring and reporting tools
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment under multiple deadlines
- The ability to quickly pick up new technologies and learn new software quickly
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 32 - 80 USD Hourly